1.  Can I receive federal financial aid by taking just any course?

  •  No, you must declare a major course of study and be working towards a degree in that course of study

2.  Do I need a certain grade point average to receive financial aid?

  • Yes, you must comply with the ECCC Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy                                                 

3.  I probably don’t qualify for the Pell Grant. Should I fill out the FAFSA anyway?

  • Yes, even if you don’t qualify for Pell grant, you must fill out a FAFSA if you are interested in a student loan.

4.  Can I receive federal financial aid as a part-time student?

  • Yes, if you are determined to be eligible based on Expected Family Contribution(EFC), cost of attendance(COA), and the number of hours you are taking

5.  If I’m on financial aid suspension, can I receive financial aid?

  • You may complete an appeal form
  • If your appeal is denied, you cannot receive any type of financial aid

6.  Do I have to file taxes to complete my FAFSA?

  • You can mark “Will file” on the FAFSA but you must go back and enter the tax information after filing and before financial aid can be awarded

7.  Do I have to be a student to receive a loan?

  • Yes (and be enrolled in 6 or more hours)

8.  When will refunds be disbursed?

  • Funds are requested from the Department of Education once 55% of the course is completed

9.  How do I apply for Financial Aid?

  • The first step to apply for Financial Aid is to complete a FAFSA online at www.FAFSA.gov.

10.  How do I apply for a loan?

  • Complete the FAFSA
  • Turn in a completed loan application with a printed loan history attached
  • Complete online a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Loan Entrance Counseling.
  • All of these steps and the application can be found on our website under Current Students and then Financial Aid.

11.  Where do I go to make an FSA ID?

  • www.fsaid.ed.gov
  • Both student and parent (if dependent) must have an FSA ID to sign the FAFSA

12.  How will I receive my refund?

  • East Central delivers your refund with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX Inc. To learn more, contact the Business Office at 601-635-6208 or visit this LINK.

13.  Where do I go to pay my charges?

  • The Business Office handles all payments and charges